- The College of Direct Support (CDS) is a multimedia, interactive, web-based curriculum. CDS offers training in content areas that have been identified as critical to successfully supporting people with disabilities to live self-directed lives in the community. For more information go to www.collegeofdirectsupport.com
- The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) now has a certified apprenticeship program for the occupational title of direct support specialist. Certified apprenticeship programs must meet the federal guidelines and be reviewed and approved by the NADSP. For more information, go to www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/ETA/ETA20101488.htm
- Relias Learning offers online learning, staff compliance training and continuing education for organizations that serve people with developmental disabilities, as well as behavioral health, mental health, addiction treatment, community health, community action and child welfare. Their training for direct support professionals is fully accredited by the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals. For more information go to www.reliaslearning.com.
- PATHS is the credentialing program of the Ohio Alliance of Direct Support Professionals (OADSP). It provides a rigorous training and education program based on the principles of self-determination and ethical practice. Research and experience confirm that there is a direct link between a stable workforce that is able to provide skilled support and the quality of life for people with intellectual disabilities. For more information go to www.ohiopaths.org
- North Dakota Community Staff Training Program - North Dakota has provided staff training through a cooperative effort of the North Dakota Department of Human Services , the North Dakota Center for Persons with Disabilities at Minot State University, and community agencies serving persons with developmental disabilities. Full-time direct support and professional staff are required to demonstrate knowledge and skills learned through training modules and a series of field-based practica. For more information, please visit https://www.ndcpd.org/projects/cstp/
ARC Broward PATHS Certificate Program - The PATHS Certificate Program is designed to create a competency based and credentialed career path for Direct Support Professionals. Coupled with mentorship, experiential learning opportunities and placement resources, PATHS will support students to find a career in this high demand field. Each student who successfully completes the Certification of initial and Advanced Proficiency class sessions and achieves a passing grade on Program assessments will receive a PATHS Certificate. For more information, please visit http://www.arcbrowardlearning.com/DSPATHS
The Academy for Direct Support Professionals- The Center for Disability and Development at Texas A&M University:The Academy for Direct Support Professionals is a collaborative partnership between the two Texas Universities for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities; The Center on Disability and Development at Texas A&M University and the Center on Disability Studies at The University of Texas at Austin. Candidates pursuing entry level recognition as a DSP are required by The Academy to take an introductory course in Person Centered Practices along with other requirements. Candidates pursuing certification as a DSP-C I or II are required to have a working knowledge of how to support a person with a disability by demonstrating Person Centered Thinking skills with a focus person who receives services. Candidates participate as a part of a cohort facilitated by a Person Centered Thinking Certified Trainer where they are encouraged to share learning from their experiences. Cohort meetings occur ongoing throughout the training process as candidates learn new skills, practice, demonstrate and share learning. To learn more about this program click here.
- The Training Collaborative for Innovative Leadership
The Training Collaborative for Innovative Leadership is a shared venture developed by and for community based organizations. Trainings are competency based, promoting best practices. Curriculums include courses for Direct Support Supervisors and Assistant Managers, DSP professional development, and "Leading the Code" training for emerging leaders. The programs are designed to promote quality excellence by focusing on strategies that enhance personal outcomes for individuals with disabilities.
- Star Services
STAR Services provides engaging online and live curriculum for social service professionals, including photos, video, audio and story-based learning that requires the learner to interact with the content. STAR uses expert experience and examples from the field, person-centered philosophy and evidence-based content in areas of compliance, regulations, continuing education and skills development. Content and competency measures help learners put the person-firstas they explore information critical to supporting the needs of individuals with disabilities. For more information go to www.starsvcs.com.
- Human Services Credentialing Program - Providers' Council (Massachusettes)
The Massachusetts Council of Human ServiceProviders, Inc. is a statewide association of health and human serviceagencies. Founded in 1975, the Providers' Council is the state's largest human service trade association and is widely recognized as the official voice of the private provider industry. The Providers' Council's HumanServices Credentialing Program is a set of curricula designed to develop and implement standards and competencies for Direct Support and Direct Service Professionalswithin the field of human services. Learn more by visiting: http://providers.org/pages/human-services-credentialing-program