Presenter: Dr. Seth Keller
In this webinar, we will focus on understanding of dementia; definition, description. Explanation of disease process. Risk factors for the general population and for people with ID/DD.
Additionally, we will discuss:
• The role of the DSP as health advocate: how to insure that the signs and symptoms of dementia are not related to a treatable disorder that mimics dementia
• Types of dementia; classic characteristics. Dementia by the numbers.
• Diagnosis, early impressions of cognitive change, documentation
• Alzheimer’s disease, most common form of dementia. Stages of AD and what they mean to the DSP and the need for adjustment, accommodation and imagination.
• Behavioral science to the rescue (to rescue the DSP)
For more on the Aging Series visit our page here.